This is part 4/5 of my dissection of Psalm 119.
My Commitment to the Word
(Or what my commitment to the Word should look like.)
– I have promised to keep Your words.
– I consider my ways and turn my feet to Your testimonies.
– I hasten and do not delay to keep Your commandments.
– I am to meditate on His precepts and regard His ways.
– I must choose the faithful way, clinging to His testimonies, running the way of His commandments, always putting His ordinances before me.
– I am to trust in His word, waiting on His ordinances, keeping the law continually forever and ever.
– I am blessed if I walk in the law of the LORD, observe His testimonies, seek Him with all my heart, and walk in His ways, longing for and keeping His precepts diligently.
– I am to tell of the ordinances, rejoicing in the way of His Testimonies, as much as in all riches.
– My companions are also those who fear You and keep Your precepts.
– Affliction can be for my good, because then I learn to keep Your word, and God is faithful to afflict me.
– When the word is my delight, His compassion gives me life.
– Sometimes I have to wait with longing, but I must never forget or forsake His statutes and precepts.
– I must restrain my feet from every evil way, not turning aside from His ordinances that He has taught me, in order to keep His word.
– I hope for His salvation and do His commandments.
– God graciously deals with me according to His word.
Read the other parts to Psalm 119 here: